Gotham Arts Exchange, in association with the Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts at NYU, presents the sixth annual presentation of DANCE GOTHAM on Saturday, January 7 and Sunday, January 8, 2012 at the Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, 566 LaGuardia Place (at Washington Square South), NYC. Tickets are $10 and are available by phone at 212-352-3101 or 866-811-4111 or online at www.skirballcenter.nyu.edu/calendar/dance_gotham_2012.
This annual dance festival returns to the Skirball Center for the Performing Arts for its sixth year, and continues to present a thrilling range of aesthetics and artistry. From post-modern athleticism to seasoned theatricality, these artists offer choreographic works that are sophisticated, witty, wonderfully intelligent and revealing.
Scheduled to perform in two separate programs over two nights are artists from across the nation, including dance companies from Philadelphia, Portland, Houston, Chicago, New York City and an international company from Italy.
Saturday, January 7 at 8pm
* Houston Met Dance Company, Light Before Sound by Jason Parsons
* The DASH Ensemble, If We Were by Gregory Dolbashian
* Adam Barruch Dance, folie à deux by Adam Barruch
* CorbinDances, Shady by Patrick Corbin
* BalletX, Silt by Alex Ketley
* Gallim Dance, Wonderland by Andrea Miller
* Ronald K. Brown/Evidence, IFE/My Heart by Ronald K. Brown
Sunday, January 8 at 7pm
* Brian Brooks Moving Company, Descent by Brian Brooks
* Spellbound Dance, Lost for Words by Mauro Astolfi
* Northwest Dance Project, A Short History of Walking by André Mesquita
* DanceWorks Chicago, My Witness by Gina Patterson
* Pam Tanowitz Dance, Femina by Pam Tanowitz
* Lar Lubovitch Dance Company, The Legend of Ten by Lar Lubovitch
DANCE GOTHAM, presented by Gotham Arts Exchange, is made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.
Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, 566 LaGuardia Place (at Washington Square South)
January 7 - 8, 2012
Tickets $10 (general admission)
Tickets can be purchased at www.skirballcenter.nyu.edu/calendar/dance_gotham_2012, by phone at 212-352-3101 or 866-811-4111, or in person at NYU Ticket Central, located in the Skirball Center lobby (Tuesday-Saturday 12pm - 6pm, two hours before show time.)
NYU SKIRBALL CENTER:
The Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts is the premier venue for the presentation of cultural and performing arts events for New York University and lower Manhattan. Led by executive producer Jay Oliva (President Emeritus, NYU) and senior director Michael Harrington, the programs of the Skirball Center reflect NYU's mission as an international center of scholarship, defined by excellence and innovation and shaped by an intellectually rich and diverse environment. A vital aspect of the Center's mission is to build young adult audiences for the future of live performance. skirballcenter.org/